However you cut it, 2015 has been a big year for important news and events in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Tiny, the operation we are, The Independent provided some of the most insightful, timely and important coverage and commentary of the year on issues and events that matter most to the people of our province.
Have a read through our most popular articles of the past 52 weeks…
Top 15 most-read articles of 2015
1. The Liberals have failed us on Bill C-51 | Shannon Reardon | Opinion | May 23, 2015
2. Officer’s letter in Don Dunphy killing inflames controversy | Hans Rollmann | Opinion | April 13, 2015
3. Our squandered pride and prosperity | Shannon Reardon | Opinion | May 7, 2015
4. Is NL about to repeat the worst mistakes of 20 years ago? | Hans Rollmann | Opinion | March 10, 2015
5. Waterford Hospital: Closing since 1971 | Mark Gruchy | Opinion | May 7, 2015
6. The killing of Don Dunphy | Jon Parsons | Opinion | April 8, 2015
7. Stop the killing: Fatal police shootings in Canada | Tom Baird | Opinion | April 14, 2015
8. How I remember Ron | Colleen Power | Opinion | Nov. 25, 2015
9. “You have to change your Ode to Newfoundland”: Mi’sel Joe | Justin Brake | News | Feb. 12, 2015
10. Crisis in Labrador West: boom, bust, repeat | Jon Parsons and Arn Keeling | News | June 1, 2015
11. Quebec students are fighting for you | Jon Parsons | Opinion | March 27, 2015
12. Racism alive and well in St. John’s | Megan Dyson | Letters | Oct. 1, 2015
13. A feminist way to celebrate Valentine’s Day in 2015 | Orla Hegarty | Opinion | Feb. 11, 2015
14. Neoliberalism is destroying Canada: Former NDP leader | Justin Brake | News | Oct. 14, 2015
15. Trans March in St. John’s “an important radical act” | Hans Rollmann | News | July 26, 2015
If you like what we do and think independent journalism is important for Newfoundland and Labrador, please consider helping us become a sustainable non-profit media outlet.
All the best to you and yours in 2016.
Thanks for reading!